News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Table Access Contd.

Search Discussion Boards
October 02, 1997 12:00AM
Well, yeah, but how are you going to do those calculations unless I write that part too? Unless you're wanting to get at the tables in another database or spreadsheet of some kind, in which case you can do it today with a minimum of fuss:

o Points layers may be exported with Generic Export, used in your favorite spreadsheet, then reimported with Generic Import.

o Area layers keep all the base data in a Paradox database called data0000.db in the appropriate directory. The easiest way to find the correct directory, in version 5.1, is to hold down the shift key while you right-click on the layer in the layer management box, then select Information. You can modify this database in place if you wish. If you need a new column, though, make sure to create it with Farm Works, or Farm Works will ignore it.

o Points and Area layers may both be exported as ArcView Shape files. Shape files keep the attribute data in a dBase file (with a .dbf extension.) Most spreadsheets and databases can deal with .dbf files just fine. When you're finished working with it, just reimport the shape file. This might even be easier than generic import/export, because Farm Site doesn't ask very many questions when it works with shape files.

Ron Parker
Software Engineer
Farm Works Software


Combine Calibration

Lyle September 29, 1997 12:00AM

Combine Calibration

Ron Parker October 01, 1997 12:00AM

Table Access Contd.

Lyle October 02, 1997 12:00AM

Table Access Contd.

Ron Parker October 02, 1997 12:00AM

One data type missing?

Lyle October 03, 1997 12:00AM

Re: Using gridded views with external software

Ron Parker October 06, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited